Virginia Commonwealth University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master’s, doctoral and first-professional degrees. SACS is located at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Ga. 30033; phone: (404) 679-4500.
- Accreditation reaffirmation letter
- Fifth year reaffirmation letter
- Report of the Substantive Change Committee
- Final approval — off-campus sites
For specific program accreditation information, visit the school or college website of which the program is a part.
Specialized university program accreditations or certifications
- Campus Police, Police Academy: Certified by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
- University Counseling Services: American Psychological Association
- University Student Health Services: Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Hospital accreditation, VCU Health System: Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations