- If you wish to visit the Region 8/ Blackstone Office, please call or email Office Manager, April Schnepf, at (434) 292-3723 / email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
**Summer Hours: VDOE's T/TAC at VCU maintains regular
hours during the summer months of June, July and August. However, as
staff is low during this time, we kindly ask that you schedule an
appointment before visiting either of our offices. Thank you!
Lending libraries are located in the Region 1 and Region 8 offices and offer a wide variety of materials available for a six-week lending period*. These materials include assistive technology, augmentative communication devices, software, books, videotapes, assessment instruments, curricula and more!
Our libraries are open Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Please stop by or schedule an appointment to tour and get acquainted with our materials. If you aren’t familiar with our tech lab, we highly encourage you to schedule an appointment with our staff before visiting. If you are too far away and cannot visit during working hours we can mail most items to you free-of-charge*. Just search our library database (click on the link to the left) and call the library in your region to request a checkout.
We hope to hear from you soon!
*Please read our library policies and procedures for more specific details.
We've updated our policies on our lending length and our AT/ IT materials. Please read the following before requesting items.
Not sure where to start? Try our visual search!
- Click on Search our T/TAC Library (on the left)
- Click on the Visual Search Tab
- Click on an Icon for a listing of items within that subject category
Check out our newest titles in our library and labs!
- Developing your Assistive Technology Leadership:
Best Practices for Success, by
Bill Reeder, Dr. Cheryl Temple, Jennifer Carr, Mary Beth Fleming and Meaghan
Tracy, published by Don Johnston,
Best Practice Guide to
Assessment and Intervention for Autism and Asperger Syndrome in Schools, by Lee A. Wilkinson, published by Jessica Kingsley
- Echo Livescribe Smartpen, from Livescribe (2010).
- Mindful of Words: Spelling and Vocabulary
Explorations 4-8, by Kathy Ganske, published by Guilford Press (2008).
- Multisensory Teaching of Basic Language Skills,
2nd Edition, edited by Judith R. Birsh, published by Brookes Publishing Co. (2005).
- IPod Touch 8GB with Facetime, from Apple (2010).
Lending Library & Technology Lab Support
- Jen Hines Hall
- Library Assistant / Office Support Technician - Region 1
- Erik Froehlich
- Information Technology Specialist
- Richmond Campus Office
- 10 E. Franklin St.
Richmond, VA 23219
- Blackstone Campus Office
- Pickett Park
40 QM Circle
Blackstone, VA 23824