Phyllis L. M. Haynes
VDOE’s Training & Technical Assistance Center
Virginia Commonwealth University
10 E. Franklin St., Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23284-3081
804-827-1408 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D, Virginia Commonwealth University (2011)
- M.S.Ed, Old Dominion University (1997)
- BS, Virginia State University (1990)
- Post Graduate Professional License
- Emotional Disturbance K-12
- Specific Learning Disabilities K-12
- Adjunct Professor, School of Education, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Program Specialist, Virginia Commonwealth University - T/TAC (2000 - present)
- Certified Professional Developer, Strategic Instruction Model®, Learning Strategies, Center for Research on Learning, University of Kansas
- Summer Day Camp Director, Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, Virginia Beach, VA (2000)
- Special Education Teacher, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (1997 - 2000)
- Special Education Teacher, New Horizons Regional Education Center (1995 - 1996)
- Special Education Teacher, Arlington County Public Schools (1990 - 1995)
Current Professional Memberships
- Virginia Council of Administrators of Special Education
- Council for Exceptional Children
- National Alliance of Black School Educators
- Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
Haynes, P. (2005). What should teachers know about bullying? Innovations and Perspectives,
Fall 2005, pgs. 7 & 9.
Haynes, P. and Young, C. (2004). Student Access: all students must have access to general
education. Innovations and Perspectives, Spring 2004, p3.
Haynes, P., Lynch, K., Wright, S. (2003). Helping T/TAC help you. Innovations and Perspectives,
Summer 2003, p5.
Haynes, P., Gutking, J., Lynch, K., Wright, S. (2002). How to define educational outcomes,
or, Words of wisdom from the Cheshire Cat. Innovations and Perspectives, v.5, n.2, p3.
Haynes, P. (2001). Making Connections: Teaching Self-Questioning to Enhance Student Learning.
Innovations and Perspectives, v5, n1., pgs.2 & 6.
Numerous local, and state presentations in topic areas such as: inclusion, disability awareness,
collaborative teaming, collaborative IEPs and systems change and positive behavior supports.
Haynes, P. & Palko, S. (2005). Services and Supports for Students with Disabilities.
J. Sergeant Community College.
Haynes, P. & Price. T. (2005). Connecting the Pieces: Instructional Strategies in
Inclusion Settings. Department of Correctional Education.
Haynes, P., Wilberger, S., Price, T. (2005). Effective School wide Discipline. The
Virginia Association of Visiting Teachers/School Social Workers-2005 Annual Fall Conference.
Haynes, P. & Croasdaile, S. (2005). Reaching All Students. Petersburg City Public
School-Back to School inservice.
Haynes, P., Landon, T., Croasdaile, S. (2005). How is my classroom management.
Sussex County Public Schools.