Susanne Croasdaile, Ph.D.
VDOE’s Training & Technical Assistance Center
Virginia Commonwealth University
10 E. Franklin St., Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23284-3081
804-828-8179 | email@example.com
- Ph.D., University of Virginia (Educational Research - 2005)
- M.Ed., College of William and Mary (Special Education – 1999)
- B.A., George Washington University (Criminal Justice – 1996)
- Program Specialist, VCU Training and Technical Assistance Center (2004 - present)
- Teacher, William Monroe High School, Greene County Public Schools (2002 - 2004)
- Research Assistant, University of Virginia, Curry School of Education (2001 - 2002)
- Eastern Virginia Writing Project Teacher Consultant (2000)
- Teacher, Grafton High School, York County Public Schools (1998 - 2001)
- Teacher, Crowley High School, Acadia Parish Schools (1996 - 1998)
- Teach For America Corps Member, Southern Louisiana (1996 - 1998)
Professional and Academic Association Memberships
- Phi Delta Kappa
- National Writing Project
- American Educational Research Association
- Virginia Society for Technology in Education
- Certified Professional Developer, Strategic Instruction Model™, Content Enhancement Routines, Center for Research on Learning, University of Kansas
Selected Papers and Publications
Invited Book Chapters:
- Croasdaile, S. (2009). Using e-collaboration in education at the inter-organizational level: Inter-organizational e-collaboration in education. In Salmons, J. and Wilson, L., eds. Handbook of Research on Electronic Collaboration and Organizational Synergy. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Croasdaile, S. (2009). Inter-organizational e-collaboration in education. In Kock, N. E-Collaboration: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Croasdaile, S. Croasdaile, S., Jones, S., Ligon, K., Oggel, L. & Pruett, M. (In press). Implementing assistive technology in schools. In Ordonez de Pablos, P. and Zhao, Y., eds. Technology enhanced learning for people with disabilities: Approaches and applications. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Journal Articles:
- Croasdaile, S. (2002). Review of Technology in its place: Successful technology infusion in schools
edited by John F. LeBaron and Catherine Collie. American School Board Journal, 44(3).
- Croasdaile, S. (2002). Review of Reforming schools by Kimberly Kinsler and Mae Gamble. American
School Board Journal, 44(6).
- Conference Papers:
- Croasdaile, S. (2006). Social organizational factors related to teacher research: A study of teacher researchers. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Francisco.
- Croasdaile, S. (2007). What makes teachers reflect to improve their practice? Reflective practice in a social organizational context. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago.
- Croasdaile, S., Gansneder, B., & Nielsen, J. (2002). Measuring the immeasurable: Linking interventions to outcomes in a family preservation program evaluation. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans.
- Croasdaile, S., Jones, S., Ligon, K., Oggel, L. & Pruett, M. (2009). Implementing assistive technology in schools. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Diego.
- Proposal reviewer, American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting (2005-present)