- The Scott House and its gardens are available for receptions, except for weddings and wedding receptions.
- Sparklers are not permitted outside of the house.
- If the event occurs within four hours, the standard rental fee is charged.
- Events occurring after operating hours must have a VCU police officer present.
- Under normal circumstances, three staff members from VCU will be present during a reception:
- The Scott House ambassador will arrive two hours prior to the event and will stay one-half hour after the event concludes. He/she will be the contact person during the event for any concerns regarding the Scott House and its surrounding areas.
- The Scott House housekeeper will arrive when the event begins and will stay one hour after the event concludes. He/she will service the restrooms on the first floor and attend to the first floor and terrace, paying close attention to the furnishings and area rugs in the Scott House.
- The VCU police/security officer will arrive 15 minutes prior to the event and will stay one-half hour after the event concludes. He/she will guard the building, ensuring that only guests who are invited to your event are attending. He/she also will be in close contact with the Scott House ambassador.