Patient referrals are welcomed from clinicians throughout Virginia and the Middle-Atlantic region. Whenever feasible, patients are discharged back to their homes for follow-up treatment by their referring clinician.
- The Department of Psychiatry operates an Intake and Referral Service to expeditiously screen, evaluate and admit clinically appropriate patients to the various inpatient teams.
- An Intake and Referral clinician works directly with the referral source to arrange a prompt admission, or assist with identifying other resources available to treat the patient.
To refer a patient for admission or an initial outpatient evaluation:
Please call (804) 828-2000 or (800) 232-0901. Select option 2 for appointments or Option 3 for admissions.
Our Child and Adolescent division provides in patient and out patient care at the Virginia Treatment Center for Children.
- VTCC is located at: 515 North 10th Street
Richmond, VA 23298-0489.
- If you are a family member or mental health care provider you may refer a child for assessment or intake:
- Call (804) 828-8822 from Monday – Friday 8a.m. – 9p.m
- Call (804) 828-4999 and ENTER “2500” on weekends and holidays.
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Department of Psychiatry
P.O. Box 980710