The Department of Psychiatry offers outstanding clinical service,
training, and research opportunities through the Division of
Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry at the VCU Health System and
the Consultation/Liaison Service at the McGuire Veterans Affairs
Medical Center. A large and diverse faculty contribute to these
VCU Health System Faculty
Hunter Holmes McGuire VAMC Faculty
L. Levenson, M.D., Division Chairman
- Sherif Meguid, M.D.
- James Culbert, Ph.D.
- Douglas Gibson, Ph.D.
- Robert Hart, Ph.D.
- Chris Kogut, M.D.
- Susan Kornstein, M.D.
- Mary Ellen Olbrisch, Ph.D.
- Joel Silverman, M.D.
- Neil Sonenklar, M.D.
- Jim Wade, Ph.D.
- Susan Waller, M.D.
- Joel Blum, M.D., Division Head
- Sultana Salam, M.D.
- Robert Schneider, M.D.
- Elbert Sholar, M.D.
Hunter Holmes McGuire VAMC Clinical Programs
- Adult Inpatient Consultation Service - about 800 consults
- Adult Outpatient Consultation Service - about 1,500 consults
and visits per year
- Consultation and Liaison support to specialized programs:
- Hepatology Clinic
- Head Injury Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Service
- Nursing Home Care Unit
- Inpatient Hospice Program
- Transplantation Services
- Mental Health Clinic based in outpatient primary care
- Psychiatric aspects of medical care
- Psychiatric Medicine for Specialty Practitioners
- PGY-2 Rotation (MCV Hospitals)
- PGY-4 Rotation (MCV Hospitals & VA Medical Center)
- Nationally Recognized Fellowship in Psychosomatic Medicine
- Postdoctoral training in Health Psychology, Neuropsychology,
and Behavioral Medicine
- Psychiatry and medical ethics
- NIMH sponsored controlled trial of consultation in general
- NIMH/NIDRR funded studies of memory dysfunction in Alzheimer's
disease and traumatic brain injury
- Studies of reliability and validity of psychosocial selection
in organ transplant patients
- Personality structure and measurement of psychopathology
in chronic pain
- Evaluation of candidates for obesity surgery
- Depression in sickle cell anemia
- Assessment of delirium in ICU's
Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine, Dept of Psychiatry
Last Update: August, 2012 according to departmental policy
1200 East Broad Street, P.O. Box 980710, Richmond, VA 23298-0710