with the Virginia Department of Health and
the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program, Virginia Department of Veterans Services
Is hosting statewide summits on:
9:00am - 4:30pm
*There is a $15 fee per person to attend.You are invited to attend a summit in your region on the topic of Suicide Prevention. In the morning presenters will be sharing:
- Current data and the impact of suicide in each region;
- Information about free suicide prevention education, training, and resources;
- A survivor’s story; and
- Information on services and supports available to veterans through the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program.
During the afternoon of each summit, participants will work with others from their community to identify needs related to suicide and to develop a plan to address suicide prevention in their community.
All community members are welcome, especially:
- Mental Health Professionals (public or private)
- First Responders and Law Enforcement Personnel
- Suicide Survivors/Family Members
- Faith Based Community Members
- Local Health Districts and Local Departments of Social Services Personnel
- School Personnel
- Medical Professionals
- Professionals working with older adults
- Representatives of organizations focused on suicide prevention
- Community Members
Since the afternoon of the summits are focused on community planning, you are strongly encouraged to attend a summit within the region in which you live or work. The opportunity to network and plan with peers from your area will be more valuable to you and we would like to make limited space available to members of the same communities.