Welcome to the home page of the Virginia Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program (Va-LEND).
Va-LEND is an advanced level interdisciplinary leadership training program for health professionals and related disciplines in the field of childhood neurodevelopmental disabilities. On this site, you will find information about us and resources for parents of children with developmental disabilities.
Top 10 Reasons to Become a LEND Trainee
- Make a difference in the lives of children and families
- Learn leadership and advocacy skills for working with children and families
- Develop problem-solving skills and an understanding of different disciplines to meet the needs of people with disabilities
- Expand networks and resources to use on the job
- Advance your career and expand your job searches
- Work with experts in the field of neurodevelopmental disabilities
- Participate in research opportunities in collaboration with LEND faculty
- Create a leadership project that will impact the healthcare system
- Have an in vivo experience with a child with disability and his/her family
- Continue life-long learning and skill development