Games, Activities, Mentoring, & Role Playing:
- Have the basketball team play in wheelchairs against the local wheelchair basketball league (could even do this as a fundraiser and charge a fee for the public to attend).
- Create different wheelchair sports (track, soccer, fencing, etc.)
- Hold mini Special Olympics/Field Day games in October for all the students to participate in (students with disabilities as athletes and other students as mentors, coaches, buddies, cheerleaders, etc,) See Adaptive Sports and Recreation document
- Assign a disability to each student in health class and write a report about it
- Set up a mentoring program. See www.bellaonline.com/articles/art61295.asp article for ideas