Master's Program: Remote Learning
Studying online is just like taking a course at a university…but without the obligation to attend. You can listen to lectures at a time convenient for you. The programme will be managed online, but the structure and effort is similar to a regular course. To summarize the differences and similarities:
- You will be able to download lectures and lecture notes from the internet
- You will be able to access and download required reading using the three University Libraries
- You will participate in online group discussions with your fellow students and staff using interactive interfaces
- You will get direct feedback during the course/module on your progress by doing formative tests.
- You will receive assignments online
- You are obliged to take the courses in a set sequence and in a specific semester
- You will take the exams after each course/module under supervision
- Most communication will be via the internet; however instructors will also be available by phone during designated office hours
Remote learning methods increase access to education and flexibility of study. However, the course load for full-time study is for 5 days a week for a full year. The programme can also be taken over 24 months (part-time option). Access to fast internet is of vital importance for this programme.