2010 CTE Summer Institute on Teaching & Learning
This space will be developed during the institute by all participants. If you are aware of useful on-line resources (i.e. websites, pdf documents, etc.) that are relevant to our work throughout the institute, please send them to us and we will post them here as an evolving resource base.
Wiki space for reflections, observations and musings
- Michael, J. (2006). Where's the evidence that active learning works? Advances in Physiology Education, 30, 159-167.
- Michaelsen, L.K., Bauman, A., & Fink, L.D. (2004). Team-based Learning: A Transformative Use of Small Groups in College Teaching. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Prince, M. (2004). Does active learning work? A review of the research. Journal of Engineering Education, 93, 223-231.
- Active learning
- Classroom management
- Bjorklund, W. L. & Rehling, D. (2010). Student perceptions of classroom incivility. College Teaching, 58, 15–18.
- Webster, S.K. (2007). Creating and maintaining a classroom culture of respect. Paper given at the annual meeting of the Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education, Pittsburgh, PA.