Checklist: Improving your teaching
Here is a list of items you should consider when improving you teaching.
- Do you know your teaching philosophy?
- Does your philosophy show in your course design?
- Do you know where your course fits in the curriculum?
- Have you established course goals and objectives?
- Do your teaching methods match your objectives as much as possible?
- Have you planned both formative and summative assessments for your students?
- Do those summative assessments reflect your teaching methods, course objectives, and teaching philosophy as much as possible?
- Does your syllabus accurately reflect your course and teaching philosophy?
- Does it give an accurate first impression of you and the course?
- Have you considered consulting with the CTE or attending CTE workshops?
- Have you begun a Peer Coaching program or, at least, asked a colleague to view your course and give you feedback
- Have you begun collecting items for your teaching portfolio?