This faculty learning community (FLC) will provide an opportunity for faculty from across the university to explore problem-based learning and how it can be implemented at the course level. Focus will be directed at exploring the current best practices in problem-based learning, implementing problem-based learning at the course level and developing problem-based learning as a well-known, well-respected pedagogy at VCU.
Participants may engage in the following activities:
- Regular bi-weekly discussions during the 2007-08 academic year. These discussions will be based on important information that addresses the outcomes mentioned above.
- Pursuit of a scholarly project identified by the Learning Community on some aspect of problem-based learning.
- Work with your FLC colleagues as they work through their own plans to development and implement problem-based learning.
- Contribute to a Blackboard community on problem-based learning.
- Prepare a mid-year progress report and a final report indicating the impact of the community on the program outcomes.