The goals of this FLC are to:
- identify the essential elements of a learning-centered university and assess how VCU could change to become more learning-centered;
- develop a sustained dialogue about teaching and learning;
- identify shared expectations for optimal student learning;
- develop or design methods to assess those expectations;
- develop assessment criteria for student learning that are learning-centered;
- investigate educational practices to promote student learning based on analysis and collective interpretations of results.