Introduction to the Institute
Time: Tuesday, June 8, 9:00 am - noon
Place: Bioinformatics Computer Core Lab (Rm 104), Life Sciences Bldg
Organizer: Jeff Elhai
Audience: Primarily 1st year students
Goals of session
- Give you overview of the summer's events
- Give you a minimal competence in a wet lab
- Work out with whom you're going to be working this summer
Outline of session (click on links to reach notes)
Before coming to the session
- Please at least skim each of the notes given above.
Read just enough to answer the question at the end of the notes.
If you're bored to insensibility, stop.
- Complete the short questionnaire (earlier the better but at least two hours before the session)
Please bring the following:
- Your choices for VCU mentor
- VCU Card ID request form (filled out)
- A picture ID (for the ID card office)
- Apartment Dwellers Agreement Form (filled out by all co-dwellers)
- Worker's Right-To-Know Statement (not filled out)
Back to Introductory Week