Crash Investigation Refresher and Update
The TSTC of VCU will conduct two Crash Investigation Refresher and Update courses in 2013. The two-day training workshop, taught by members of the Virginia Multi-disciplinary Crash Investigation Team, will focus on the following motor vehicle crash investigation and reconstruction topics:
- Foundations of crash investigation and reconstruction.
- Documentation and analysis of roadway evidence.
- Documentation and analysis of vehicle evidence.
- Human factors issues.
- Technologies for measurement and reconstruction.
- Reconstruction equations: time and distance, acceleration/deceleration, speed formulas and conservation of momentum.
- Preparing for court.
- Recent court cases and new legislation.
Course prerequisites are successful completion of Fundamentals of Crash Investigation (TSTC), At-Scene Traffic Crash Investigation (IPTM) or the equivalent 80 hours of instruction. The course is free and open to the first 25 students who register. The Department of Criminal Justice Services has approved this course for law enforcement in-service training credits.
Transportation, lodging and meals are the responsibility of each student. Classes will begin at the times listed for each session.
2013 Training dates/locations
For additional information, call (804) 828-1031, e-mail Steven Kean