Students preparing for their junior or senior recital should review the preparation timeline below to ensure compliance with the recital requirements. Any student who fails to meet the rules and regulations will not be permitted to present their recital as scheduled.
Recital preparation timeline
- Pick up a copy of the Recital Permission Form from the Music Office, Room 132.
- Obtain private lesson teacher approval for Item I on the Recital Permission Form.
- Leave the permission form with the music office to complete item II. Retrieve the form from the office when finished.
- Meet with Curt Blankenship, concert hall and facilities manager, to schedule the recital date as specified by Item III of the permission form.
- Schedule a pre-hearing with your area coordinator at least two weeks before the recital date. Jazz students must follow the procedures for pre-hearing that are laid out in the Jazz Handbook.
- Obtain juror selections, confirm with jurors and obtain juror signatures for Item IV of the permission form.
- Submit the Recital Permission Form and recital program to the area coordinator and private lesson teacher one week before the pre-hearing. If the pre-hearing is waived, the program must be submitted at least two weeks before the recital date. Jazz students must follow procedures for pre-hearing and program submissions that are laid out in the Jazz Handbook.
- Return the Recital Permission Form to the music office immediately after passing the pre-hearing and no later than two weeks before the recital date.