James W. Black Music Center
The renovated James W. Black Music Center is located at 1015 Grove Ave., directly across from the W.E. Singleton Center for the Performing Arts. The 300-seat recital hall provides space for many student recitals and ensemble programs. Classrooms and faculty studios are also housed in the center, in addition to numerous practice rooms for student use.
Formerly Grove Avenue Baptist Church, the building was acquired by the university
in 1977 and is part of the university’s historic building tour.